How to become a member
Membership in the Japanese-Bulgarian Business Association is open to:
- Natural persons (aged 18 and above) who have Japanese citizenship or are actively involved in Japanese business undertakings;
- Entities that are directly or indirectly controlled by a Japanese legal or beneficial owner (or a Japanese majority shareholder);
- Natural persons (aged 18 and above) and entities who own a trademark or a patent registered and/or actively used on the territory of Japan;
- Other organisations of the Japanese business, having the capacity of a legal person
If you think you fit any of these categories, you are welcome to apply for membership! All you need to do is to submit an application – you can use the form here or you can draft it with contents at your discretion. What the form should contain is:
- Brief description of your/your company’s activities
- Your statement that you are willing to join the association
- Your statement that you accept and will comply with the Association’s Statutes
Alternatively, if you prefer, you can complete the application form in the Apply for membershipsection.
Once we receive your application, we will contact you and we may require some additional information for you, for example an excerpt from the companies register for your company (if it is not registered in Bulgaria), as well as some supporting information and documents for the connection of your/your company’s activities with Japan. Our recommendation is to have these documents ready in order to speed up your approval as a member.
The Management Board of JBBA will review your application at its first meeting after we receive all requested documents from you.
Why to become a member
As member of JBBA, you become a part of an international business community where Japanese and Bulgarian business meet to promote their common interests and encourage further investments.
As a member your business will benefit from the a wide range of services, including:
- Networking with the leaders of the Japanese and Bulgarian business community;
- Organizing events where you can meet business and governmental decision makers;
- Advising members on doing business and living in Bulgaria;
- Assisting members in attaining increased insight to business opportunities;
The mission of Japan-Bulgaria Business Association is to promote the existing Japanese businesses in Bulgaria, to support Japanese businesses aiming to establish presence in Bulgaria and to encourage and support the bilateral business relations between the two countries
Address: A 9-11 Maria Luiza blvd., 1000, Sofia, Bulgaria
Mobile Phone: +359 882 42 12 38
Fax: + 359 2 423 28 87